[Terrapreta] charcoal making

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sun Apr 1 19:49:02 CDT 2007

Hi Richard,

You do live in an area of some beauty.  How long after you started the kindling under the split logs was it when you bury the burning pile?  Did you leave any small air intake vents/ output stacks at the bottom or stacks out the top?  Who is the John you refer to?  Are you the two pictured?  Did you measure or estimate the weight of the wood you put into the pit?
Will you measure the weight of the resulting charcoal?  Will you be doing a proximate analysis of the charcoal?

Good luck with your "Terra Preta" making adventure.  I hope you have some interesting results with the pot tests also.

Regards,

Sean K. Barry
Principal Engineer/Owner
Troposphere Energy, LLC