[Terrapreta] Terrapreta Digest, Vol 4, Issue 2

list at sylva.icuklive.co.uk list at sylva.icuklive.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 01:22:24 CDT 2007

Subject line left intact to preserve the threading.

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:24:13 -0600, Ron Larson wrote:

>> Ddiolch achos 'r ateb
>>

>    [RWL:  I'm impressed about Andrew's breadth of "foreign" language knowledge but think Andrew has to do as well as Rhisiart in translating for the rest of us]

It should say thanks for the reply, I just returned from a weekend
walking in Wales but I am afraid I don't know the language at all well
and don't understand it spoken at all.

>    Those who want to produce char cleanly will find an enormous amount  (including what TLUD means) at our companion site "stoves".   The topic is too large to explain here, but there are plenty of ways to produce charcoal cleanly at the home.  Doing anything with a trench is NOT one of them.

I aim to make use of both the heat and have the charcoal at the end,
which means sophisticated kit but as long as you maintain a flame I
think the trench method can work, you just build the fire a little
differently. Dryness is paramount.

AJH