[Terrapreta] Backyard Biochar

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Sat Apr 7 19:51:48 CDT 2007

On Saturday 07 April 2007 11:25 am, Tom Miles wrote:
> Drying (high temperature sonic drying with a pulse jet -ram jet - engine)

Tom, have you been working with Peter, off-list??

I have always wanted to build one of these puppies but fuel it with producer
gas. Check out the below link:
http://aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

Maybe the producer gas would not need to be super clean?

Make a rotary prime mover: Cement a a good sized pipe in the ground. At the
top place a bearing. Next picture a rotor blade on top of the pipe and both
are hollow to allow the producer gas to flow to the pulse engines mounted at
the ends of the rotor. Next incorporate, from the wind mill people, an
axial-flux PM alternator. Now you can make your charcoal and burn the off
gasses in this pulse-jet rotary axial-flux generator!

I've also thought about mounting two of these on my jeep with a woodgas
generator. Start off with the stock gasoline and engine and once up to speed
switch over to the pulse-jet/woodgas unit. Hey, make charcoal as you drive
and discourage tailgaters...

PLEASE, tell us more about your pulse-jet dryer.........

Jeff

--
Jeff Davis
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie, USA