[Terrapreta] Successful charcoal burn

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Sat Apr 14 22:51:03 CDT 2007

That is an interesting perspective.  There is the debris pile at the
nursery that is at least that size. Hmmm, farming or sequestering -
not enough time for everything. This definitely would not have
happened here  at 4CN without Larry's help and creativity.

My charcoal in agriculture file has 9 images from this latest burn.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rchaard/sets/72157594444994347/

In this set is an interesting closeup of the char showing filaments
that appear to be intact vascular elements http://www.flickr.com/
photos/rchaard/458342446/in/set-72157594444994347/

and this
  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rchaard/458350089/in/
set-72157594444994347/

It was interesting to me that the charcoal showed a blue-green
iridescent sheen that I was not able to capture with the camera.

It will be interesting to see how proximate analysis will compare
these two burns.

rich