[Terrapreta] Part II comments on John Cowan's "thoughts"

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 01:38:55 CDT 2007

John Cowan said:

> Here is another idea worth pondering - "magic coal" made by pressure
> cooking biomass. It avoids certain problems with making charcoal but has
> some new issues to overcome.
> http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2071791,00.html
>
> a. Like John, I found this new and very interesting. By scouting around
> for more on the subject, I also found
> http://peswiki.com/index.php/Translate:MPG:Coal_from_Biomass
>
> b. Some more observations:
>
>    1. I see the use of the word "coal" here – as we did with "charcoal"
>    >> "coal" in Russian
>
>     b.  This "coal" is described as being brown.
>
> 4.  Anyone (hoping especially to hear from Mike Antal) able to shed more
> light on more details? (There are some references that look worth tracking
> down, but no time yet to do that.)
>
> Ron

Are not Leonardite, and Australian Organic Humate, both a form of "coal"
Has anyone used any of these products on their soil?
Anyone know much about the role of humates in the soil?
SEE
http://www.australianhumates.com/index2.asp?go=the_story.html
and
http://www.maddingleyminerals.com.au/html/what_is_humic_acid.html