[Terrapreta] Making Soil from Oil

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Fri Apr 20 11:19:31 CDT 2007

Sean,

I recall that dry bio-mass is typically around 50% carbon. Perhaps it would
be possible to develop and perfect processes that would be able to approach
that rate of char production. - possibly with volatile content a somewhat
greater percentage weight of charcoal. Maybe it would take some external
energy input to make that happen.   I haven't looked at Dr. Antal's numbers
but suspect he is depending on energy derived from the process.    Eprida's
test apparatus must be providing a lot of data on just what can be achieved
too.

Still not a big difference from the 40% Randy mentions as a possibility.

Duane