[Terrapreta] Terra preta Conference

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 09:28:26 CDT 2007

Terrigal is just near me.
I think the programme and speakers should be out by now.
 If you contact one of these people they should be able to give you more
details I will be going for 2 days and will certainly report back what I can
to the list

   - *Contact in the U.S.:* Debbie Reed, International Agrichar
   Initiative, dcdebbiereed at yahoo.com  Tel: 571-431-6626
   - *Contact in Australia: *Adriana Downie, BEST Australia,
   adriana at biomass.com.au<http://us.f357.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=adriana@biomass.com.au>
   ,  Tel: +61 2 43404911

iaiconference.org/home.html

>From the site:

April 29 - May 2, 2007
Terrigal, New South Wales, Australia

Join the International Agrichar Initiative for a conference on Agrichar
Science, Production and Utilization, being held in coastal New South
Wales, Australia. The International Agrichar Initiative is a new
consortium of research and development interests devoted to the
sustainability of the world's soils, and to sustainable bioenergy
production.

What is the International Agrichar Initiative?

The International Agrichar Initiative is an informal, newly-formed
coalition of research, commercial and policy-oriented people and
organizations devoted to the sustainability of the world's soils, and
to sustainable bio-energy production. Agrichar production and
utilization can renew the world's soils through the addition of
organic carbon, which can help solve the pressing problem of global
climate change. The Agrichar production process also converts
agricultural waste into valuable bio-fuels.