[Terrapreta] More on Sugar and soil

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 00:30:19 CDT 2007

This is an interesting new product
i imagine sugar itself would be hydroscopic until the ants got it?
Unique Composition Promotes Healthy Microenvironment

Zeba is a unique superabsorbent polymer based on natural cornstarch, making
it biodegradable, nontoxic and odorless. As a starch-based polymer, Zeba is
made up of glucose molecules, which are linked together chemically to become
a water-insoluble, net-like matrix in the form of a hydrogel that holds and
releases water for use by plants as needed.

MORE AT

http://www.zeba.com/technology/technology1.htm

--------------------

I recently read on a gardener's forum that Cornflower was good for
Gardenias.

So a packet of paella corn disappeared from my wife's pantry.

Of course the mad scientist didn't keep any controls; so I have no idea if
it did any good.

But it is interesting that it is a old wives'/gardeners' tale.
--
Michael Bailes.

"Human beings,
who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of
others,
are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See"