[Terrapreta] John,s experiment.

Larry Williams lwilliams at nas.com
Thu Apr 26 00:56:29 CDT 2007

Sean-------I have for the last twenty years tried to garden more in
the fashion of the old growth ecology that I have observed so when
you see the below pictures taken by Richard Haard keep in mind that
those pieces of charcoal may have some similarity to the effects of
the Terra Preta soils given that the swiss chard was 42" high. The
history of that bed is significantly different than typical garden
soil. I am going out on a limb before the results of this season is
in. See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rchaard/336553821/in/
set-72157594444994347/ .

In my opinion, the power of observation and the scientific method are
the left hand and the right hand knowing that they do better when
they work together.

Thank you for the conversation last week. It was very useful for me
to hear your comments. We have one blue-green home... we are this
game hand-to-hand-------Larry