[Terrapreta] Overview on biochar production methods

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Thu Aug 16 13:11:55 EDT 2007

Nils,
I have a picture from my visit to Lyngby in 1993 that shows healthy weeds
growing in your straw char.
When you run the Indumatic boiler in two staged combustion how much char
(kg) can you make per kg fuel input or per KW thermal output?
Thanks
Tom

		- and why not add us to the list. We already produced the
low temperature char in 1993 in our gasification stage in order to hold back
alkali metals (= fertilizer) from straw. We just didn't know what
agriculture would say to such a carbon rich product even though there
already was a discussion on C depletion of the Danish farm land.
		After the recent establishment of ENVIPOWER we learned about
TP and that was the answer to our question. We have just got a rather small
amount of money allocated to smaller agricultural experiments carried out by
"Faculty of Agricultural Sciences" http://www.agrsci.org/content/view/full/2

		We will off course report to the list of our findings.
		Best regards/Med venlig hilsen
		ENVIPOWER AS
		Nils Peter Astrupgaard
		Snerlevej 1 DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby