[Terrapreta] Methane dwell times

Robert Klein arclein at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 15:12:25 EDT 2007

While we are all on the subject of methane, does
anyone know of any studies done on atmospheric methane
content in the middle of the Sahara Desert  were no
local source is likely and any such methane will have
traveled for several days from the nearest margin that
could also be measured.

This should give us a reasonable half life for
atmospheric methane in general.  It may also establish
a level that reflects the irreducible minimum for
methane concentration as we essentially have for water
vapor.  Though I can not help but think that methane
levels must be continuously maintained, even in the
stratosphere.

arclein