[Terrapreta] Sustained Biochar

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Thu Aug 30 21:05:00 EDT 2007

Dear Sean

May I suggest the following viewpoint?

Terra Preta is in its early infancy. Making Terra Preta by primitive
means will only permit processing of a tiny fraction of the suggested 23
billion tonnes per year of biomass. In order to process a significant
fraction of teh 23 billion tonnes/yr, "advanced means" will be employed.
Thus, the small amount of GHG's produced in connection with "primitive
Terra Preta production" are not a problem.

That make sense?

Best wishes,

Kevin