[Terrapreta] Sustained Biochar

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Fri Aug 31 14:20:25 EDT 2007

Hi Lou, Larry, et. al.,

"Terra Preta Nova" is the "New Black Gold"!

Sometime back, someone posted an article, where the Japanese ingest small amounts of charcoal to sooth a sour stomach.

When black carbon in the form of charcoal is incorporated into the environment around us, our "personal" health is improved.
Altruistically, if one makes black carbon charcoal for others,  and puts it in their environment, then they will have improved the health and lives of the others.  If parent's invest in making black carbon charcoal for their children, then they and their children will have healthier, improved lives.

It we ALL put the "New Black Gold" more in our environment, use less of the "Old Black Gold" in our environment, and at the same time clean up the mess we made with the "Old Black Gold", then we will ALL have healthier, improved lives (I mean actual ability TO live).

Is the "Old Black Gold" like the "Golden Calf"?  Now, we need to wander off the desert and find the "Land of Milk and New Black Gold"?

I like the smack of the "New Black Gold".  Participating in making the "New Black Gold" makes me feel like a better man.