[Terrapreta] Article link

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 21:06:07 EST 2007

Good capture here. The writers are no-till advocates who understand the
value of soil.
I have several thoughts/questions.

1) It would be good for some TP folks here to contact these guys and start a
friendly conversation.
We need to get TP thinking into the consciousness of the agriculurists of
the US Midwest.
As the crazy craze for corn ethanol shows, this sector is critically
important globally. For example, their decision to shift from planting
soybeans to mostly corn was one of the largest factors in restarting massive
deforestation of the Brazilian Amazon. They don't have a ripple effect, it's
more of a tsunami. Imagine what might happen if they became TP enthusiasts.

2) Can TP technology work with no-till? Please excuse my ignorance.

3) It is REALLY good to see them attack tree-planting as a panacea. As a
major tree-hugger myself, I can assure you that in reality tree-planting
holds much more hype than hope.

best to all,

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com/