[Terrapreta] Tree planting -- a bit more

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:41:47 EST 2007

Nope. I think we disagree.

Most of the world does not build houses with wood. This is a pattern only in
regions -- such as North American -- where abundant forest lands permit
wastefulness and the full costs of industrial forestry are not factored into
the equation.

Taking CO2 out of the atmosphere is not merely a possible side benefit. It
is part of a full life cycle loop that has gotten very out of balance by
dumping waste where it cannot be seen -- primarily in the atmosphere and in
the ocean.

The abundance that we dream of can come in a sustainable way only if all the
parts are considered and kept in balance.

all best,

lou