[Terrapreta] 200 tons per day Dynamotive plant in Missouri

Shengar at aol.com Shengar at aol.com
Thu Dec 6 22:23:09 EST 2007

Hi All,
Concerning building cost per Megawatt, depending on the numbers they state;
In Argentina, $50 million for each 15.7  Megawatt Plant, would be  about 3
$million / MW. I thought that seemed high, but after checking it  compares well
with current cost of other plant building cost;
PV-Solar .......... 8 million / MW
Solar-Thermal.... 6 million / MW
Coal..................1.5 million / MW

At larger efficiencies of scale,  Dynamotives modular approach may  even
match Coal fired plant building cost.
I don't know the operation cost there, but when we finally get paid  (say
$80/ton for Carbon) $3000 / day , operational cost should also look  good.

ALSO:

Re: [Terrapreta] Article link

I sent my TP post &  links to the author of the CSM piece on soils, here's
his kind  reply;

"Thanks so much for the  response to the Christian Science Article.

Thanks also so much for  the terra preta soil links. I thought I was keeping
up up with the literature  (books and some other publications) on terra preta,
but was not ware of these  links. The entire subject is so wonderfully
interesting and at least  in amazonia, the story has wonderful associated mystery.

Steven I. Apfelbaum
President  & Principal Research & Consulting  Ecologist
Applied Ecological Services "
Erich  J. Knight
Shenandoah Gardens
1047 Dave Berry Rd.