[Terrapreta] the most terrifying video...climate change

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 8 13:26:36 EST 2007

If Svensmark's hypothesis holds up over time from many different
approaches to the problem, then it will eventually become the
accepted explanation by scientists.

But until then, the prevailing scientific explanation for it has to
do with our pollution of the atmosphere, of returning the atmosphere
to a condition many millions of years ago when there was a much
higher concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere.  By releasing all that
carbon from those very long term "sinks" - coal/peat/oil deposits -
we are re-creating a pre-historic climate of extremes...

Just like the idea of continental drift, it took many years for the
greenhouse thesis to go from a being the idea of only one person to
that of accepted orthodoxy.  It is possible that Svensmark's will go
this same route, though 99% of new theories in science are eventually
abandoned.

So do we act on what we believe with what we already know, or do we
wait until we're sure from hindsight - when it's probably too late??

Gerrit