[Terrapreta] torrefaction vs. Carbonization --------- Char Hydrophobic / Hydrophilic characters

Brian Hans bhans at earthmimic.com
Sun Dec 9 10:13:02 EST 2007

Just to add more fuel to this fire...

  I have been working with Antonietti's Hydrothermal Carbonization as well as some other charcoal like substances. After many tests that I cannot discuss, I have come to the conclusion that there are far too many tars and other reduced material for HTC to be a short cut to agri-char. My data agrees 100% with Edward here that there is 'good and bad' charcoals.

  There may be some long term concepts that we may be missing but short term, tar is a huge negative.

  Brian