[Terrapreta] Charcoal costs

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 9 10:54:50 CST 2007

Look I'm going out on a limb here but stay with me for a moment.

Why can't it be both ways?

We still don't know how TP does what it does, but we do know that different types of char has different properties, so why can't it react differently with different soils and fertilizer / composts?

A very interesting book just finished reading called Eco-Farm, talks about how different materials/minerals can tie up the CEC, and to some extent, that can also be controlled by the current ph.    So who is to say that this might not also be an issue?

You might be right, and for all I know I could be spitting into the wind - but - can we take a second and speculate on * What if? * just to see where it might lead us?

Greg H.