[Terrapreta] Domesticated animals of S America ( was torrefaction vs. Carbonization - CharHydrophobic / Hydrophilic characters )

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 19:29:23 EST 2007

How did the llamas get from the slopes of the Andes to the central amazon
basin through dense forest?

Here's the map of known terra preta sites:
http://www.gerhardbechtold.com/TP/BrazilTP3.php?vers=2

As you can see none of the sites seem to be near the main Andean range of
llamas. I've never heard of them in the central Amazon. I could be wrong.
Hope you find something solid about it.

lou