[Terrapreta] Pottery Shards and Terra Preta

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 05:05:36 CST 2007

A link on pottery
http://forums.hypography.com/terra-preta/11693-clay-shards-pottery-tp-what-why.html?highlight=pottery

I have just started experimenting with Zeolite (n Dr. Stephen Joseph's
suggestion) and have just found a dump-load of old terracotta roof tiles so
am doing some experimentation with that.
I also got some very expensive little German terracotta balls, used I think
in hydroponics.
So I am playing with them all
It is bloody hard to break up terracotta.
 You think charcoal is hard!
Maybe my stuff has been fired at high temperatures.

Zeolite makes the same claims about its product as many do about charcoal(SEE
www.zeolite.com.au ) ie improved CEC, water holding, plant performance, and
run off water. It captures nutrients etc etc.
So I don't think the clay being in the TP soil was accidental.
I think Amazonian Indians were really very clever about soil biology

Stephen Joseph and Adriana are working at Uni of NSW and have access to
Electron? microscopes (The reception foyer at BEST is adorned with beautiful
'artworks' -photos of carbon)
I would love to see a electron scan of a weensy bit of my pottery after it
has been in the soil for a year or two.

--
Michael the Archangel

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. . . .
Most people don't know that"
FROM
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/permaculture.swf