[Terrapreta] a braoder theory of torrefaction and TP

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:57:51 CST 2007

Yes, this is possible. But I really don't want to trigger another climate
change wrangle here or elsewhere. The definitions are very tricky in that
they will generate money -- lots of it. And that means politics rather than
some imagined 'rational' ordering of outcomes.

But, crazy old visionary that I am, I keep seeing this incredible CO2
resource in the atmosphere that the plants would love to extract vigorously
if only we would help them by giving something back to the earth. Then they
can give us more food and fuel, less energy for fertilizer, and cleaner
water. I look toward carbon credits as a temporary way to subsidize the
transition from scarcity to abundance. Quite frankly, it looks like the best
investment I have ever seen or imagined -- if only we can give it the needed
start.

Sorry folks if I sound like a broken record but an age of abundance is a
powerful pull. It is said that bad habits are never broken, they just fall
away as good habits are formed. This potential abundance is what can free us
from all the failed regulations and prohibitions and controls and rip-offs.

Or so I think. Maybe there are some others as well?

hugs,   lou

--
http://lougold.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/visionshare/sets/