[Terrapreta] Catalyst: Carbon Bigfoot

Chuck Yokota cyokota at innovativeenergyinc.com
Tue Dec 11 17:00:59 EST 2007

Hi Sean,

Ah, we have a little confusion with nomenclature.  The UN Food and
Agriculture Organization defines "agricultural land" to include both
arable land and pasture land.  By this definition there is 5 billion
hectares of agricultural land.  Arable land is 1.5 billion hectares, so
you are correct in thinking that arable land is 10% of total land area.
I got this information at
http://www.fao.org/es/ess/os/envi_indi/part_15.asp

Chuck