[Terrapreta] NZ leading the way

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:49:09 CST 2007

I buddied up with a lovely kiwi at the IAI Confrence at Terrigal.
 He was from NZ DEPT of Primary Industries. I have forgotten his name and
unfortunately lost his details. He said the NZ Govt was very worried about
GHGs especially methane from burping (He did say burping) cows.
I only saw a couple of other 'PI' people from NSW and the ONLY Journalist
was Kelpie Wilson.
The Confrence got no running in the press at all.

There have been some NSW pot studies done by NSW Agi Department - fully or
partially funded by BEST Energies (You get nothing for free from the NSW
Govt.-- and do they charge!).
In my view BEST should be flogging their technology not researching and
funding char experiments-The Government should be doing this!
 NSW DPI even has a "GHG" Executive.
If nothing else Australian Governments should be funding studies on Char's
water saving potential. It seems the "water saving" crystals/polymers are
fairly useless and expensive.
MA