[Terrapreta] volatile matter and char

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Fri Dec 21 01:41:50 CST 2007

Edward - your comment below is a key issue to understanding use of
charcoal as soil additive in temperate north. I would be interested in
your comments on the observations Larry and I have had on charcoal re
our posts moments ago and whether or not you believe pretreatment of
charcoal before application as Larry is experimenting on is a valid
approach to this problem.

Rich