[Terrapreta] An off the wall question about a different type of char

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 28 10:13:12 CST 2007

While that would make sense with something like steer manure which generally
comes along in reasonably large quantities, I raise rabbits, and just don't
have enough rabbit pellets, to make spreading over a large area worth while
( and most of the nutrients from rabbits is in the urine anyway ).

OTOH, rabbit dung, would make an acceptable sized piece of char that would
be useable under the cages to catch the rabbit urine, go into the garden to
stabilize the soil nutrients there, and possibly for use in a hydroponic set
up, as the root support medium.    Sure, I already compost the rabbit
pellets, but, they break down so fast, that it's almost like they were never
there.

Greg H.