[Terrapreta] Marketing comment for TP. (was volatile matter andchar)

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 29 01:14:54 CST 2007

Yesterday, a greenhouse grower told me that coir has virtually
replaced rock wool as the standard hydroponic medium locally for two
reasons: wettability and waste handling.
1.  Coir not only holds moistrure better than rock wool, but it also
is easier to re-wet if it does dry out.
2.  Disposing of rockwool means paying landfill costs; however coir
can be re-cycled for free through a local topsoil retailer who just
mixes it in with topsoil.

Gerrit