[Terrapreta] The economics of biochar

Rick Davies rick.davies at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 10:49:49 CST 2007

Hi Christelle

Re your posting below, I dont want to get into charcoal production, I
already have a livelihood of my own. But my livelihood produces C02 and I
want to offset these emissions by buying charcoal from others (who would
bury it). And I want to encourage others in my area of work to do the same,
this creating economic incentives for charcoal producers to explore its
potential means of improving soil fertility

So your technology may be relevant if it can enable charcoal producers to
produce their charcoal more cheaply, and thus enable me, and others, to buy
it at a lower cost than if produced by other means.

regards, rick davies

Email: rick.davies at gmail.com