[Terrapreta] ch4 vs co2 issues in biochar sequestion

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Wed Feb 14 10:34:13 CST 2007

Right on Michael,

Still, the production of methane from landfills and other sources is a great
source of emission reduction credits.  The CDM and JI initiatives of Kyoto
are full of related projects. If the Kyoto process ever gets going it will
be difficult to establish a rational policy which would be encouraging to
the Terra Preta movement.  I published a short paper which mentions the
anomaly (peer- reviewed yet) a while ago.  The directly relevant portion is
in Section 3.3 - "Landfill Gas" of  "Kyoto and Beyond: Development of
Sustainable Policy"  at the top of the following page.

http://www.computare.org/publications.htm

Duane Pendergast