[Terrapreta] Indigenous burning

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Sun Feb 18 11:05:00 CST 2007

            I think that's a good question Zane. I've asked it too.

http://www.computare.org/Support%20documents/Letters/Letters%202003/Forest%2
0Fire%2003_08.htm

These natural burning scenarios are likely well supplied with oxygen.
Burning would thus be fairly complete converting most of the carbon in the
grass to carbon dioxide and returning it to the atmosphere.   Maybe some
readers know of research directed at determining the charcoal content in
soils and the possible role natural fires played in building soils over a
few millennia.

Duane Pendergast