[Terrapreta] Carbon Sink Saturated

Shengar at aol.com Shengar at aol.com
Sun Feb 18 16:39:55 CST 2007

Hi Folks,

In a message dated 2/18/2007 12:59:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
still.thinking at computare.org writes:

In light of Char and the discovery  of Glomalin , How can you even start to
be  authoritative in chapters like 18 Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Potential in
Agricultural Soils or
 6  Saturation of the Terrestrial Carbon Sink

My Postings  this week have been focused to this point of correcting how the
soil C Cycle is  viewed as a wash relative to GHGs and finite as a C sink. The
irony is, for us  TPers, that it is not only the most accessible but the
least finite of any  other scheme I've seen.

So this week  my  TP posts have gone to as many carbon credit brokers as I
could find.  Here is the opening line;

"Dear (Wall street Want-a-be-green) Sirs,

I'm writing to inquire if your carbon credit assessments can take into
account the concomitant effects that Terra Preta soils technology has on over  all
green house gases?

After many years of reviewing solutions to anthropogenic global warming
(AGW) I believe this technology

can manage Carbon for the greatest collective benefit at the lowest  economic
price, on vast scales.

Below is my review of these efforts"

We will see if rattling such cages has an effect.

Erich

Erich J.  Knight
Shenandoah Gardens
E-mail: shengar at aol.com