[Terrapreta] Terra Preta in containers?

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 07:45:20 CST 2007

Except we mostly don't know what the "wee beasties" (great name) are.

Brazil does not want to let them out of the country in case the USA patents
them and they might be a bit short on the technology to do it themselves.
Especially as many TP soil "wee beasties" stubbornly refuse to grow on agar
plates.

I find worms in my pots (most in a home improvised TP mix-see my post on
this) fairly quickly. I would imagine the potting 'soil' should get better
with time so always re-use old mix (never did this as a nurseryman). Some
nursery people don't like worms in pots. I am not sure why.

You can buy commercial innoculants from Organic Garden suppliers or you will
probably have some "wee beasties" if you make your own compost

This may be a change of subject or may not
Has anyone heard of "Rhizotonic" a Dutch stimulant to root growth? Saw an
advertisement for it today that claims plants can jump over tall buildings
in a single bound after tasting it. Anyone used or heard of it?
michael