[Terrapreta] Low temp charcoal high temp charcoal

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 02:02:17 CST 2007

> Thanks. I'll look at the EPRIDA documentation. If there is an effect of
> pyrolysis temperature then it should be measurable as a char
> characteristic. The agronomic impact must also be measureable or at least
> noticable.

-- My understanding is that at 400c you would get many more bio-oils and
resins staying in the char
This may hep promote critter/wee beastie growth.

 At higher temps 550 + you will get changes depending on what you use.
For example, I think chook manure has more available calcium when cooked at
higher temps.(Which is strange is it not?)

Very high temps700 + air/water and you are starting to get activated
charcoal with a higher water/chemical holding capacity.

I think many of these issues will be kicked around at the upcoming Terrigal
Beach conference.
Michael Bailes.

"Five years of Guantanamo:
Justice delayed is justice denied"