[Terrapreta] Terra Preta Discussion List and Website at Bioenergylists.org

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Mon Jan 22 12:14:42 CST 2007

All,

The Terra Preta website and discussion list at Bioenergylists.org is now up
and running.

List and website moderators are Erich Knight, Michael Angelica and Ron
Larson.

Post messages to the list to: terrapreta at bioenergylists.org When you reply
to a message on the list it should be addressed to the list address. Please
check the To: field in your email program before sending the message.

Messages to the list are archived on the web at:
/

Messages are public and fully searchable by Google and other search engines.
We will also place an archive search utility on the Terra Preta website.

The Terra Preta website is:
http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org

Information on the site is contained in "stories" and "images". Each story
is tagged with categories, e.g. "agrichar". The categories are selected by
the author or administrator when you post a story to the site. These
categories also help people searching the web to go directly to the story.
When you select a category or tag in a TAB, MENU or above a story you will
get all the stories that have been tagged with that category.

To post stories on the site or to comment on a story you must be logged in.
Select "Create an Account". Create your account by entering the requested
information and select a password. Your request will be approved by one of
the site administrators within 24 hours. (We do this to prevent SPAM on the
site.) Login with your login name and password.

Select "Create Content" and "Story". The story is the basic element for
posting information on the site. Enter a Title and Body text. By default the
story will be "published" on the "front page". If you don't see your story
immediately it has gone into a Moderation queue for review. We just check
the formatting before publishing it. Moderation is another Spam guard.

You will notice that we have started pages for different topics related to
Terra Preta. Each of these pages have a menu of categories for finding
stories. These menus will change over time as content is added to the site.

We will soon add a bibliography module so citations with links can be added
manually or with uploaded and downloaded with Endnote.

Content on the site was started with Erich's general message, "Time to
Master the carbon Cycle"
http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/knightcarbon and supplemented with
general information on terra preta research and applications. Future content
will depend on the the direction of this discussion. Interests in this group
range from practical to academic. We will use the website to supplement and
illustrate the discussion.

Images and attachments can be posted to the website but not the the email
list. In that way we avoid viruses and spam from invading the list.

Thanks for joining the list. We look forward to a productive discussions.

Kind regards,

Tom Miles
Bioeneryglists Administrator
tmiles at trmiles.com