[Terrapreta] Biomass Research and Development Initiative

Shengar at aol.com Shengar at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 21:56:00 EDT 2007

Hi All,

Now this is the type of work that warms my heart.

 Great talking points by Taildragerdriver on the Hypography forum;

_http://forums.hypography.com/terra-preta/10561-opinion-what-challenges-terra-
preta-5.html_
(http://forums.hypography.com/terra-preta/10561-opinion-what-challenges-terra-preta-5.html)

Also this from _Flapjack_ (http://forums.hypography.com/members/6837.html)
on the same thread;

 Re: Opinion: What are the challenges of Terra Preta - Today, 09:00 PM

____________________________________

The  challenges as I see it is getting the right microbes into new Terra
Preta mixes.  I grow and hold a National Collection of Fuchsia species but I'm new
to Terra  Preta. It is very easy to buy fungal microbes but I think the key
will be from  small additions of well manured well worked top soil. I have used
this with  modern commercial composts with good results. straight charcoal
additions  although are producing short internodes and side shoots growth is not
rapid. The  root system is showing a good clean meristem and lots of root
hairs

Erich J.  Knight
Shenandoah Gardens
1047 Dave Berry Rd.