[Terrapreta] links articles "terra preta "-----------GreenWasteRecyvlingYard

Edward Someus edward at terrenum.net
Sun Jul 15 01:47:38 EDT 2007

To GreenWasteRecyvlingYard

Tks for yr info + intro.

I am an Swedish environmental engineer specialized for carbonization /
pyrolysis of organics (biomass + coal) by indirectly heated rotary kiln
(which is my patented original solution known as 3R Environmental
Technologies ``REcycle - REduce - REuse). Inputs 0-5 mm, low moisture + low
ash content preferable. The 3R field demonstration plant is located in
Hungary, which has been implemented by the support of the European Union
Directorate General Energy and Transport. I am also setting up international
cooperation programmes in the field of pyrolysis as well, from science to
industrial scale.  Right no I am constructing an large scale CLEAN COAL
pyrolysis plant in the US Illinois (30k t/y throughput capacity, estimated
completion in year 2008), which is one of the world largest pyrolysis power
plants in its class.

PLS VISIT www.terrenum.net

The traditional way of biomass carbonization has been known 1000`s of years,
HOWEVER, the modern US/EU environmental norms/standards  towards ZERO
EMISSION provides big challenge for the developers. Modern closed cycle
carbonization technique in industrial scale (-- which is efficient from
technical, economical and environmental point of view together at the same
time --) is far far more complex challenge than one could imagine. This is
why so few pyrolysis technologies available, while the big oldies have been
shut down decades ago already.

RE your biomass/waste stream listed on http://forums.hypography
com/introductions/12211-introduction-green-waste-recycle-yard.html
Dimensional lumber
Supports and trusses
Hardwood flooring
Moulding and wainscoting
Landscape retaining walls and step blocks (eucalyptus)
Tabletops and slabs
Select pieces for woodworking artisans
Organic aged and mixed mulch
All-wood premium mulch chipped from culled logs
Biomass wood fuel
Sawdust
I suggest FROM CARBONIZATION -- ADDED VALUE -- TECHNOLOGY POINT OF VIEW we
could split up these input streams AS RECEIVED into 3 classes
LARGE DIMENSION WOOD PIECES (non coated, non impregnated wood) BIOMASS
(scale down homogenization to 0-5 mm is possible, but extra cost, therefore
process techniques should be used with as low handling requirements as it is
possible)
SMALL DIMENSION (0 - 5 mm) WOOD PIECES (non coated, non impregnated wood)
BIOMASS
COATED and IMPREGNATED WASTE STREAM - which require special and separated
treatment attention
The 3R added value technology handles no 2 and 3, subject to that moisture /
ash content is reasonably low up to 18%. Pre-dry can be addon, but this is
extra cost, therefore for high moisture biomass should rather other
utilization option considered than thermal treatment.

If You have any question pls do not hesitate to contact me. TKS.

Sincerely yours: Edward Someus (environmental engineer)
Terra Humana Clean Technology Engineering Ltd.
(ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified organization for scientific research,
technical development and industrial performance engineering design of
agro-biotechnological and pyrolysis methods, apparatus and applications)

ADDRESS: H-1222 Budapest, Szechenyi 59, Hungary
TEL handy:  +(36-20) 201 7557
TEL / FAX:   +(36-1) 424 0224
TEL SKYPE phone via computer:  Edward Someus
WEB:   www.terrenum.net