[Terrapreta] Fwd: Fwd: Global Carbon Cycle

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Tue Jun 5 23:35:25 CDT 2007

Lou, Kevin,

If the mature trees in forests are harvested and the lumber goes to houses
you have established a carbon sink and made more room for younger trees to
grow.  When the houses are scrapped the wood could be turned into charcoal
for terra preta.  The forest has thus become a long term sustainable sink.

For a submission to Canada's Parliament related to the first step see;

http://www.computare.org/Fora%20Input.htm   down the page at  "February 21,
2005 - Brief on the Role of Forests in Canada's Greenhouse Gas Inventory"

Duane