[Terrapreta] The Humphrey Pump Connection?

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Wed Jun 6 22:07:16 EDT 2007

Dear Charcoal Makers,

I write this e-mail as a question but it’s more food for thought.

Is it possible that some tar and or condensates could be helpful to plants?

[I am making a POSSIBLE connection between the irrigated plants and the
use of the Humphrey Pump.]

The Humphrey Pump was a liquid piston engine that pumped a quarter of a
million gallons of irrigation water per hour. It was fueled by producer
gas and I have offended wondered if tar could have contaminated the water
that was pumped on to the land. I’m sure this would be a very small
fraction, if any.

If we knew how vibrant the irrigated plants were when the Humphrey Pump
was in use, as compared with when it was decommissioned, this MIGHT give
us a clue to how the tar/condensates affect plant growth.

I know, even if we had records of the plant growth at this site, there are
still too many other variables.

Just some food for thought BEFORE everybody evacuates this fine list,

Jeff

--
Jeff Davis

Some where 20 miles south of Lake Erie, USA