[Terrapreta] VM composition

ENVIPOWER envipower at webspeed.dk
Fri Jun 8 03:34:40 EDT 2007

Dear list

I joined yesterday and spent a good part of the day trying to get over the
archives. Very intense from the start - more political latter. I hope we can
stay on the technical side.

There were some discussions of PAH and other tars contaminating the soils
and waters. At the same time there were discussions on the good components
for microbiological activities.

If char has been subject to 500 ºC or more, it appears that there will be no
environmental harm in the char going into soils. On the other hand it also
appears from recent postings that Terra Pretta needs the different acids,
biooils and tars coming from lower temperature treatment.

It is known that old charcoal manufacturing places are heavily contaminated
by the tars.

If charcoal is made between 400 ºC to 500 ºC will it then
*	Be the best TP component resulting in highest microbiological
activies
*	Be the worst TP component since it contaminates the environment

If charcoal is made between 500 ºC to 600 ºC will it then
*	Be absolutely useless as TP
*	Be environmental friendly since all tars are distilled and no VM
matter is present

Can we make some conclusions here or am I simplifying too much?

I would be very pleased to receiving the literature suggested by Michael
Antal.

Best regards/Med venlig hilsen
ENVIPOWER AS

Nils Peter Astrupgaard