[Terrapreta] Soil microorganisms

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Mon Jun 11 18:47:41 EDT 2007

SKB and everyone -

There is emerging information about mycorrhizal fungi being a source
of N for plants as well as P (etc) Sorry, I don't have the reference
at hand, but I believe that there are indications that mycorrhizae
are even more valueable than we suppose.

As far as inoculating with mycorrhizae, there are many good
inoculants on the market now, some of them amazingly robust, some of
them also providing a synergistic community of soil microbes along
with the fungi.

We're working with some of this in the garden this year and I'm
seeing AMAZING results. This is mycorrhizae WITHOUT charcoal.

I'll try to post references when I get a chance, but we're still
working 16 hour days and 7 day weeks here on the farm.

Later

-Allan Balliett
Fresh and Local CSA
Shepherdstown, WV