[Terrapreta] Reinventing "Neo Terra Preta"

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Mon Jun 18 15:18:15 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I've posted a story on my website discussing the need to reinvent terra
preta in the context of managing greenhouse gases. It's introduced at;

http://www.computare.org/commentary.htm    at the top of the page under "May
25, 2007 - Reinventing Terra Preta"

Before you go there, I advise you that it is political and not too subtly so
at times. If you are working at developing char producing equipment or
demonstrating beneficial effects of char on soil please ignore this and
continue your good work.

 If you continued, the first section relates my laborious rediscovery of the
basics of the terra preta idea as a result of my involvement in Canadian
government initiatives on greenhouse gas management, and ignorance of soil
science and archeology. The second section discusses a search of the 2007
version of the United Nations report on methods to control greenhouse to see
if it mentions terra preta in any way. It does not. The third section simply
thanks the originators of the Terra Preta List and provides a link to it. If
I've missed something please let me know.

Sincerely,

Duane Pendergast