[Terrapreta] Taxpayers footing bill for money- losing company(Dynamotive)

Ron Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 12:02:25 EDT 2007

Tom and Terra Preta members

    Thanks for putting this link to the negative financial review of Dynamotive.  Without knowing more, I can't comment on the appropriateness of the executive salaries.  But I do want to disagree on the author's negative reaction to Canadian government support.  I feel that starting this sort of company does require government help and I commend the Canadian government for doing so.  I wish the US government would itself start supporting  pyrolysis approaches commensurate with the pretty large amounts going into cellulosic ethanol recently.

    I met  Dynamotive's Dr. Desmond Radlein at the IAI conference and thought he represented Dynamotive well.  Dynamotive was a corporate sponsor.  Some of his comments on terra preta lead off the recent Scientific American article at
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=5670236C-E7F2-99DF-3E2163B9FB144E40

    We also need to be supportive of companies like Eprida and BEST, which are not publicly traded however.  I think this may be the only investment opportunity for biochar (see http://www.renewableenergystocks.com/Companies/RenewableEnergy/Stock_List.asp)

    I will attempt to reach Dr. Radlein per your request below.  I have looked around the Dynamotive site a bit and am impressed by the several activities on-going.  See http://www.dynamotive.com/en/about/index.html for a pretty good description of what they are doing.

Ron