[Terrapreta] some thoughts on charcoal production and transportation

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Thu Mar 8 18:15:06 CST 2007

Sean

Just a topic of interest for me

Take a look at the Epidra page  and Danny Days reference to the ORNL
research so far as linking pyrolysis with fossil fuel plants and
production of ammonium bicarbonate adsorbed on charcoal from N20 in
stack gasses.

http://www.eprida.com/hydro/

page 8 beginning with

Discussion: Technical / Economic Overview and Global Impacts

from wikipedia article

Industrial sources make up only about 20% of all anthropogenic
sources, and include the production of nylon and nitric acid and the
burning of fossil fuel in internal combustion engines.

I presume combustion of coal in power plants is included in this
category

Also from Day's paper

reference #36  Athon, et al., CO2 Sequestration from Coal Fired Power
Plant Flue Gas, (a
pre-patent confidential design project study for co-author James Lee),
University of Tennessee, 2000 (see also
http://www.eprida.com/hydro/ecoss/background/CO2seqeconomics.pdf )