[Terrapreta] USDA organic certification standards

Douglas Clayton dnclayton at wildblue.net
Mon Mar 26 20:50:42 CDT 2007

Tom,

No no no I don't think "mined" has anything to do with coal!  Organic
people are thinking of stuff like greensand and rock phosphate which
are mined.  Saturday night this reference came up when I did a google
for "charcoal soil organic compliance" looking for the USDA organic
rules.  I learned that a book listing allowed and prohibited materials
and practices costs $30.  This hit was some summary page (not complete)
.  .  .  .  .  here it is:
http://agr.wa.gov/FoodAnimal/Organic/Certificate/2006/NOPSummary2006.pdf

Doug