[Terrapreta] USDA organic certification standards

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Mon Mar 26 21:47:13 CDT 2007

Tom,

I agree whole heartedly, Tom!  I have two contacts in Minnesota with organic growers.  One is a professor of plant physiology at the University of Minnesota and the other is a consultant to organic growers in the state and I have already spoken to him about the issue of getting charcaol "certified" as an "organic" soil amendment.  I will be in contact, again, with these people this spring.  Now I see Jim Riddle is a name in Minnesota, who is referenced on that "NOPSummary2006.pdf" document.  I will contact him as well and as soon as possible to inquire about what it will take to obtain a "certification"