[Terrapreta] Long term durability of Low Temp Chars

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:29:22 CDT 2007

Not just BB but drought stricken Australian farmers would like to eat.
So carbon credits will help
It will also help lower costs of transporting and applying char.

I agree with what you say; but if you want a"wedge" of CO2, for TP to make
as much impact as possible, you need as much encouragement as possible
MB

I don't really give the proverbial whether or not any future carbon trading
> systems accept the terrapreta claims of charcoal durability. If my
> experiments confirm that it improves soil fertility, I'll incorporate
> charcoal in any soil under my control. I will also tell people about it and
> show them what I have and if they have any sense they will copy what I do.
> If it takes carbon credits to get them to improve their landuse there's
> something wrong with them.
>
> Of course, big business won't get off it's fat backside unless it can make
> as much money as possible, so that's a whole nuther thing.
>
> Kurt
> feeling snotty
> weel, perhaps not

Michael Bailes.
"Human beings,
who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of
others,
are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See"