[Terrapreta] Abstract on Charcoal in soil

Saibhaskar Nakka saibhaskarnakka at gmail.com
Thu May 24 02:26:33 CDT 2007

Dear Dr. Sean, Dr. Karve and all,

Thank you very much for your concern and bringing clarity on so many issues.
My belief on Terra Preta, is becoming stronger. The alkaline soils are
almost dead soils with very little microbial activity, probably we could
recreate living space for the microbes by using, Charcoal (washed and
excluded the ash completely), burnt earth (a porous media), green mulch,
cows urine, and some pure sand, etc. Yes this process requires time may be
few years and it is a continuous effort.

Presently I am getting the soils tested, once the results are there I will
share, then probably we could think about a better solution.

Dr. N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy