[Terrapreta] "Keep rotting and rooting" Ah! get dirty first

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Thu May 31 00:14:49 CDT 2007

Hi Michael,

You say, "3.TP <http://3.tp/>Pots seem easier to re-wet when they dry out."  I think charcoal is hydrophillic (attracts and absorbs water).  This may account for that observation.

4. Acid loving plants?  Try to lower the soil pH (pine needles maybe?). See if that helps.

5. Too much char?  Try diluting the soil mixture with more charcoal free soil.

1. and 6.  Some well fed Bloody possum, when shot, gutted, and skinned, might make good stew.  Some American hillbillies swear by it.