[Terrapreta] Soil test and CEC

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:17:16 EST 2007

Victorian brown coal is one step up from peat and can be used as a soil
amendment.
It would be good to have another reason to use coal rather than burning it.
You may be interested in this hypography thread
http://forums.hypography.com/terra-preta/11638-coal-soil-amendment.html?highlight=coal
Contributions are welcome!

Adriana from BEST has sent me some PDF files on CEC and charcoal
Which I have sent to Tom to make available in the TP "library"

She also told me there is a bioenergy conference at Mudgee NSW very soon.
If you would like me to send you details drop me an email.

I note New Zealand has stopped building further coal fired power stations.
They may be a little more aware of Global Warming as they are already
getting a trickle of refugees from flooded pacific islands
m.

On 06/11/2007, Allan Balliett <aballiett at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Jim - Can you point me to some of the Amish farmers you speak of
> below?

Michael the Archangel

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. . . .
Most people don't know that"
FROM
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/permaculture.swf