[Terrapreta] Cows/animals - farts/burping-charcoal and/or parsley?

rukurt at westnet.com.au rukurt at westnet.com.au
Wed Nov 7 05:26:30 EST 2007

Michael Bailes wrote:
> I am reading a detective story at the moment by Gerald Hammond "Dead
> Letters".
> One character is a dog who farts.
> The owner feeds her charcoal and parsley to stop the farting.
Ideally it should be activated charcoal, but plain charcoal will do.
I've used it myself, when far from medical assistance ( in deepest
tropical New Guinea) when I had severe stomach pains, caused by gas.
Just grabbed a lump of charcoal out of a cold fire, chewed it up and
swallowed it. It worked quite well within half an hour the pains had
subsided.

Where did I get the idea? Well, as a small kid, back in Germany, I
remember my mother giving me charcoal pills for belly aches.

The charcoal not only adsorbs gas, but also toxins of various kinds. How
does it know what to adsorb and what to leave alone?? No idea.

Kurt
no idea about the parsley by the way